Freshman Year:
With the onset of Covid right before spring break of freshman year, the whole last quarter of the year has become a blur in my mind. I remember spending weeks doing random schoology assignments and going on walks, with so little variation in my day to day life that whole weeks went by without my notice. Regardless of the monotonous nature of this time, it is still the first thing I think of when I try to recall my freshman year. I have to remind myself that practically a whole school year went by, filled with excitement and new possibilities before our lives were shut down. Just weeks before we went into lockdown, I was able to go to Disney world, an amazing trip which does not deserve to be overshadowed by the negative aspects of freshman year.
Sophomore Year:
When looking for photos to represent my sophomore year, I was disappointed by my complete lack of options. I have so few photos from this year since most of it was spent online in front of a zoom camera and staying locked up in my house. Despite this though, I do have amazing memories from my sophomore year and managed to find new ways to have fun and enjoy my year, even with an international crisis occurring.
Junior Year:
When asked to describe my high school experience, my response has been split into 2, before Covid, and after Covid. Junior year was the start of after Covid, and with it came a fresh outlook on the world and new possibilities. I was finally able to get back to the things and people I loved, even with SAT prep and in-person school starting.
Senior Year:
Choosing just one photo from this year was incredibly difficult, this year has given me so many amazing opportunities and adventures that I never would have imagined just a few years ago. I find it fitting to showcase my return to the same place I was so excited to visit my freshman year, this time surrounded by friends getting to enjoy the magic with me. It's been a long and confusing journey, but it feels like we’ve made it back to a new normal. In the words of a Disney icon, all we have to do is “just keep swimming”, and who knows where life might take us next.
When looking for photos to represent my sophomore year, I was disappointed by my complete lack of options. I have so few photos from this year since most of it was spent online in front of a zoom camera and staying locked up in my house. Despite this though, I do have amazing memories from my sophomore year and managed to find new ways to have fun and enjoy my year, even with an international crisis occurring.
Junior Year:
When asked to describe my high school experience, my response has been split into 2, before Covid, and after Covid. Junior year was the start of after Covid, and with it came a fresh outlook on the world and new possibilities. I was finally able to get back to the things and people I loved, even with SAT prep and in-person school starting.
Senior Year:
Choosing just one photo from this year was incredibly difficult, this year has given me so many amazing opportunities and adventures that I never would have imagined just a few years ago. I find it fitting to showcase my return to the same place I was so excited to visit my freshman year, this time surrounded by friends getting to enjoy the magic with me. It's been a long and confusing journey, but it feels like we’ve made it back to a new normal. In the words of a Disney icon, all we have to do is “just keep swimming”, and who knows where life might take us next.
.jpeg)



Comments
Post a Comment